:-) :-) :-)

--- On Fri, 22/8/08, Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Mindset
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 22 August, 2008, 8:37 PM

            Mindset

Song: Taxi...Taxi. ..

Film: Sakarakatti

Music: Mozart of Madras

First I read about this song in 'The Hindu - Metroplus' then
listened to it in a car on my way back to Chennai from Kancheepuram.
And then went to 'Music World' in Pondy Bazaar and bought the CD. I
picked it up immediately on entering the shop and then was leisurely
browsing through the other sections. I suddenly had an urge to buy an
international English album. I am no great fan of English songs or
anything, but I thought that listening to Tamil songs alone was not
good enough.(Especially when you have a Sony 5.1 Music system to
listen). I wanted to feel sophisticated. Upmarket. Class. Whatever. But
I had no clue as to what to purchase. All English albums were priced
above 400Rs whereas 'Sakarakatti' had cost me a mere 99Rs. This made
the urge to buy one of them, even stronger. Upmarket.Sophistica ted.
Class.

Queen. MLTR. Safri Duo. Bob Dylan. Enigma. Pink Floyd. Deep Purple. Eminem.
Yanni. Linkin Park......

It was then that an elderly couple entered the shop. They were
foreigners but I could not make out what language they were speaking. I
think it was Dutch. Or German. Or something else.

The lady went straight to the section where they had listed Tamil
albums in popularity-wise order and pulled out a copy of 'Sakarakatti'
from the first slot where it was perched. She pointed to the picture of
A.R. Rahman and said something to her attentive husband in an excited
manner. They paid the bill and left.

I let out a deep breath and left after paying for 'Sakarakati' .

--

regards..

Krish..

His Music ~ My Mother Tongue

TIDBITS
ON ARR :) ARR 's Progress Report always used to feature " Good &
Very quiet Boy " in the conduct Portion. And whenever he used to miss
some homework, the teacher used to punish him by asking him to sit near
girls, for which he would feel so bad, and come home very
dissappointed. :P

  www.orkut.com/AlbumList.aspx?uid=7295035299513517297

      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/