one of the Below Par DVD's Seen in recent times

poor show by UTV in terms of video transfer but excellent packaging

--- On Tue, 9/2/08, Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Jodha akbar DVD details
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 8:04 PM

            I got my copy today ..its a great treat. Of course a lot of
disappointment abt the lack of many behind the scenes stuff though.
It is the movie itself in the 1st disc and 2nd disc (first half and 2nd
half)..of course is real good quality!

The DVD 3 is what is special!
*Historical References
*The Director's Interview
*Cast and Crew
*Theatrical Trailor
*TV Promos
*Cast & Crew Speak
*DELETED SCENES (10 Nos)
And whats great abt the 10 deleted scenes is that they all have BGM by ARR and
some of them fresh and unused elsewhere in the movie!

A deleted scene "Farewell to Jodha" has a good rajasthani type traditional song
sung by a familar voice.
A lovely long scene "How many birds in my kingdom" is the one where a noble man
Mahesh Das impresses Akbar with his wits, arguing over Akbar who was trying to
hunt some birds.

And guess what... there is another scene too where Mahesh Das impresses the
Majesty again and thereby gets renamed by the Highness as BirBal, the name we
know him by !
Another touching scene is the death of Maham Anga after she regrets and
corrects herself about Jodha, with a choral humm dominatin in the BGM.

About ARR on the DVD (Cast and Crew Description)
A. R. Rahman is the man who has redefined Contemporary Indian music,
is the pride of the Indian Nation and a role model for millions around the
world.
Rahman, hailed by Time magazine as the "Mozart of Madras", is one of the most
successful artistes of all time and according to a BBC estimate, has sold more
than 100 million albums of his works comprising of music from movies.

http://img114. imageshack. us/img114/ 1594/rahmanwi4. jpg

About Rahman by Hritik
Its awesome the way Hritik talks about the music of JA in the dvd's "Cast and
Crew Speak" section.
As if someone askd him "Hows the music?", he says "its Rahman.....( smiles) Its
Rahmaan!!... again smiles .."Hows the music? Its Rahmaan" (smiles) "You dont
need to say anything else..He's just.....mind blowing.. I cant think of
complimentary words for Rahman's kind of talent. I mean, its embarassing."

"Azeem o Shaan was the 1st track that I heard. it ubconsciously inevitably
bcame the theme of Jalal in my head.

Posted by ANISH

--
regards,