Good music is a gift from God in my opinion and is one of the finer,
sweeter things in life that we are blessed to have.  As someone once
said, without music, life would be a mistake.

In our day to day hustle and bustle, how does music help you deal
with life's ups and downs, problems, sorrows?  How does music help
you cope?  We all know that music can make the good times even
better, but I think music can be very therapeutic during difficult
times.

For me, I feel there is a strong connection between music, which is
based on sound and vibration, and that which is divine and permanent
in this universe.  Good music, like ARR's music, helps me to tap into
the permanence in our universe and inspires hope that there is peace
and harmony out there if we are willing to reach for it.  On an
emotional and biological level, yeah, music makes me feel good.  In
fact, neurologically, there is a strong connection between hearing
music we like and the release of endogenous endorphins in our brain
(same good feeling we after we exercise, have sex, eat something
nice, and in extreme cases, after using drugs).  Many are "addicted"
to music in the sense that music we like helps to release that
pleasure chemical.

But, I think for many, it goes beyond biology.  For me, when I hear a
haunting song, irrespective of the lyrics, the sounds, the rhythm,
and emotions expressed through the music all serve to help inspire
and see the world from a larger perspective.  In other words, it
helps expand insight into the harmony and peace that surrounds us,
things that we usually take for granted.  I find myself feeling more
compassionate towards others, more positive and optimistic, and if
I'm listening to music that's sorrowful, helps me work through and
process my own sorrows and pains in a healthy way.

Everyone wil interpret music differently and derive different
meanings according to their own individuality.  However, in a world
full of ills and sins, music reminds us of the beauty and divnity
that surrounds us.  Music helps to open our eyes.

Thank God for people like ARR who can create such beautiful music to
help us see the more positive, divine, enduring, permanent side of
the world and our existence.