http://tdas.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/yuvvraaj-music-review/

*YUVVRAAJ* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Yuvraj> music review - Subhash
Ghai , A.R. Rehman , Gulzaar…… Three mega performers in their respective
field of arts together … A promise in itself to deliver beautiful music. It
is no secret that Ghai himself gets involved in the music of his movie so
much and delivers amazing product each and every time. The three names
assures me of good poetry , melodious tune and beautiful picturization.

Sung by Benny Dayal and the wonderful Shreya Ghoshal. With every song she is
singing , you cannot help but fall in love with her.Benny's husky voice is
perfect for the soulful ambience of this song.Sounds like Rehman clone but
has really good voice and does amazing job. Shreya Ghoshal … the voice cant
get any sweeter or melodious. Very fitting complement to Benny's vocal. The
way she releases the lyrics , (note the way she ends every word of hers…i
think its becoming her signature style. just fades out the pitch before
going on to next word).Many sources say song is sung by Rehman himself. One
para does sound like Rehman has sung it.Sweet and Simple lyrics by Gulzar. I
wonder why he transformed his style from absolute poetry like Saathiya
tittle to very simple poem as in Jaane-man and this song itself. In all very
hummable and lovely song. One more thing , i think it acts pretty much as
background score for the entire movie. The tune is also used in other songs
of the album …. Tu Muskura and Manmohini

*Main hoon Yuvvraj *

this is the album opener. Rather than a number , its a recital by Salman
Khan with Beethoven's symphony in the background. One minute of blabber , i
think describing his character. Gives you the feeling this movie is again
based on musical background like Ghai's previous TAAL.

*Shanno Shanno*

Mix between Flo-rida style and Pappu can't Dance. Doesnt really makes sense
to me the importance this number in the album. I hope it is needed in the
script

*Tu Muskura *

Glimpses of Gulzar stlye in lyrics. Very well sung by Javed Ali and Alka
yagnik. She is melodious and justifies the mood of the song. Javed Ali does
well on Rehman's standard of singing fast sargams in the song.

*Mastam Mastam *

Fun-frolic party kinda peppy number. I think lyrics would make sense
according to the scene in the script. Sonu nigam does well using his
signature style in the entire song. Nothing much to do for him or show his
talent (he doesnt need to do so anymore) as far as the song is considered.
But if you are a Sonu Nigam fan , note the variations he used and can
appreciate how he has sung this one differently from what others would have
done. I think thats the only reason Rehman went with Sonu for this song.

*Zindagi*

Listening to a couple of lines, i thought it was Hariharan but later on
realised it was kinda different though. Srinivas gets the emotions right on.
Sung very well with beautiful Gulzar lyrics and apt music. Rehman's music
just gives the song perfect pitch of emotions and melody.
*
Dil Ka Rishta*

Sounds much more as a musical theme . Really loved the way the music is
arranged. Again , song would be more appreciated once the story is known.
But for now listen to this one as a theme music, you will enjoy Rehman's
work

*Manmohini Morey*

Nicely done by Vijay Prakash. This falls in classical music genre with
Rehman's use of different instruments in mono form (sound flowing from one
speaker to another) making it semi-classical.

*Shano Shano Remix
*
Not a big fan of remixes. Opted not to listen to this one as the first one
was kinda disappointing.

*In all Tu hi to meri dost is the star of the album with good melodies like
Zindagi followed by Tu Muskura**

enjoy!!!
*

--