Actor PrakashRaj in Rahmania

( Hear the Audio Files, as he talks a lot about acting, and about himself,
and about how he got inspired into movies etc )

http://www.mediafire.com/?xwdytnwigmo

http://www.mediafire.com/?e2ywagzjzzw

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmvokzmyygn

Geetha introduced me to K. Balachander, and that's how Duet happened. And
then came in Mani sir's Aasai and iruvar.

Experience working in Duet

The one thing that is common with this man Balachander is the way he
instills confidence in you, and take the things that he wants from you. He
would give you a stage for expressing your skills and talents. He would
always say, that we grow in acting, because of the innate talents present in
each one of us. Only experience and exposure makes you perfect and make you
grow. He will instill that Self Confidence.

It's a great learning experience for me, not as a actor but as a human
being.

Acting is Common sense.

If you have to become beautiful, you have to unlearn a lot.

I see Balachander as a novel, See maniratnam as a novel.

" I am responsible for my bad roles, and equally responsible for my good
roles".

Experience in Iruvar

Mind Blowing one. It's a film, which had a lot of talents and lot of famous
people. I had fear about how people would be accepting my role in it. I
should say that lot of gentlemen worked in that film. Maniratnam, Mohanlal
are all good gentlemen. I could find a lot of growth within myself doing
that movie. It was a very great experience doing that movie.

Q :- Have you ever met Rahman ?

Praj :- I have met him very few times. He is a very beautiful human being.
Once suddenly, he told me " Prakash. I watched your Nagamandala Kannada
movie" I asked him, " Kannada movie. Where did you see it ?".  He said, " I
was doing music, and it came in TV , and I saw it . Good film and Good
music". He speaks very less, and speaks very beautiful.

He has been my Music Director ever since my first movie. When Roja got
released, I was in Bangalore. At that time itself, it was something new, and
something special. It was very very fresh to see to that man. When I was in
my youth and I was in love, those times, were associated with Rahman.

I love the way he opens up. " Thirakka Kaatukkule  ( En Swasa kaatre)". The
sound itself is a silent scream. The BGMs that he had brought in is so
beautiful. It was so simple and hummable. He has brought in lot of voices.
When you see Rahman, its not the music alone, but the voices that he has
brought in. He has brought in a lot of Sufi Music into being. He always gets
away surprisingly.

The Sax which he used in Duet is MIND BLOWING. Its like a bird which is
singing at its peak. It makes anyone cry. The music filled me all through
the movie. It was very exciting and suprising to me to know what music he
would do, on my entry, and on my walk. He would have seen my expression, and
did some music to it….All this added to my excitement.

Perhaps, this is the first time,  I am talking about Rahman in a media.

Rahman also makes music to the scripts. The picturisation and the BGMs blend
to the movie.

--
regards,
Vithur