On 11/4/2008 2:59 PM India Time, _Pavan Jha_ wrote:

> He is... recently talked to Gulzar saab and he was very happy the way
> music is shaping for the film...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/41079.html

Vairamuthu on lyrics in Manirathinam's project
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, August 28, 2008]

Be it in literature, lyrics, poems, or politics, the contributions of
Vairamuthu are breathtaking.

Vairamuthu is presently busy with giant-films such as 'Robot',
'Sultan-The Warrior', 'Marma Yogi' and many more.

The trio of Rahman-Manirathinam-Vairamuthu has constantly given many
musical masterpieces as in 'Roja', 'Alaipayuthe' and 'Kannathil
Muthamittal'.

For the forthcoming Manirathinam's next tri-version film (Hindi, Tamil,
Telugu), Vairamuthu would handle the lyrics in Tamil whereas Gulzar has
been roped in for the Hindi version.

When Vairamuthu was asked if the Tamil lyrics of the songs have shaped
up better than the Hindi version, he said, "Lyricist Gulzar is more
eminent than me; but Tamil is a more mellifluous language than Hindi and
hence the Tamil songs might have been more glamorous." says the
five-time National Award winner in the category of best lyrics.

Modesty sure presents talent the right way.
--

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mellifluous

mel·lif·lu·ous  (m-lfl-s)
1. Flowing with sweetness or honey.
2. Smooth and sweet:

I wonder how does "smooth and sweet" bring glamor. May be the
translation of Vairamuthu's statment from Tamil to English has twisted them.