well said jahanzeb i too agree with you am really disappointed with arr's
recent works. Except a few most of his works doesn seem to be of arr kind of
music its just like wat other musicians do :-(

1/16/08, Jahanzeb Farooq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Jahanzeb Farooq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Re: Rahman has nullified one major criticism
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 5:47 AM

> I too have noticed that Rahman has been emphasizing melody much more
of late and creating tunes that are much easier to follow and digest,
yet not compromising his signture or brilliance.

well i would disagree. his recent music clearly shows he has
compromised his signature style and brilliance of his 90s music. e.g.
the result is Tu meri dost hai and Guzarsih, while both songs are very
mass appealing and instant hits, they clearly lack the distinct ARR
feeling/sound his music used to have in old days. i remember someone
commenting on Guzarish that it looks like some anu malik song and not
an ARR song. though i will completely disagree with the "anu malik"
thing but i agree that day by day ARR's music is becoming more and
more similar to other ordinary bollywood music. this is a HUGE
compromise at least for me.

--- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com, "Chord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] .> wrote:

> My parents, who are music lovers and very knowledgeable about
> classical music, have always admired Rahman's music. However, there
> was always a "BUT" whenever they would talk about Rahman, or if I
was
> praising Rahman's music in front of them. That "BUT" was followed
by,
> "Rahman is a genius, has different music, but he's more into rhythm
> and his songs are very difficult to sing....". Even on music
reality
> shows like SaReGaMaPa, previously, when someone would sing a Rahman
> song, at least one of the judges would say, "Yeh Gaana Bohut Mushkil
> hai", or "This song is very difficult".
>
> Granted, my parents and others from that generation have not heard
> Rahman's music in total or to the extent that we have, so they are
not
> as aware of many of the timeless melodies in both Hindi and Tamil by
him.

> Since, Guru, however, and esp this year, however, I have noticed a
big
> change in not only my parents' attitudes towards Rahman, but from
> others' from that generation, who revere the timeless mmelodies from
> their time. Whenever I bring up Rahman now, they are all praise and
> have no more "BUT" or "HOWEVER" in their descriptions. They are
> listening to his CDs more and even revisiting old classics from
> Rahman, which they previously would label as too rhythmic or too
> difficult to sing. Maybe they are getting used to his style, but I
> have a feeling they are recognizing a shift in emphasis as described
> below.
>
> I too have noticed that Rahman has been emphasizing melody much more
> of late and creating tunes that are much easier to follow and
digest,
> yet not compromising his signture or brilliance. There may be
changes
> in his arrangements, sound, etc., but I really do think that
Rahman's