Technology has changed since the days of Roja, Kadhalan, Indian,
Rangeela, Dil Se......

Those were the days when we used to buy a new A R Rahman cassette
(yes, audio tape) and listen from start to finish with bated breath,
taking in every change of note, every sound of breath, every new
twist in the raga, or the odd beat out of sync done purposely so by
the master.

I wonder if THAT is what has changed... we no longer listen to an
album from start to finish the way we used to. i-Pods and MP3s have
made it too easy to get bored with a song and switch it even before
we begin listening (yes, not hearing) to it.

And since many DO NOT spend their hard earned (and saved up) money
on these songs (nah... better download it, easier and I don't have
move out of my chair!) lesser the motivation to find value in the
songs.

And hence, we have our wordly wise (sitting in the chair at all
times) crowd bashing up and tearing apart every new soundtrack of
the master, not nearly listening enough before speaking up
professing the decline in standards of the great A R
Rahman!

How wrong or right am I? hmmmmm.