On 11/26/2008 4:44 AM India Time, _greatest_arr_fan_ wrote:

> Albums that clicked instantly :
> Rangeela

For me Rangeela didn't click instantly.

I was a recent convert (not since roja but since Urvashi) to ARR and was
hoping something great from him. With a lot of expectations, I fetched
the cassette and heard it, and in the first listen, none of the beauty
of the album got revealed to my mind. Asha's two songs sounded so banal,
so sort of naked, little music, sort of poems spoken, and that loud kid
voice in contrast, and hai rama sounded totally south-indian, Yaron Sun
lo and kya kahein sounded situational gossiping songs. I only liked
Mangta Hai kya in the first listen.

I and one of my friend that had similar expectations who was listening
with me had both a let-down splashed on our faces. We looked at each
other with an expression - this is what ARR gives, in a disdain. Then we
laughed in sort of "bewqoof ban gaye ye cassette khareed kar", "paise
barbaad".

I continued listening to it, and in a week or 10 days, the music had
started making sense and then I listened to it for some six months.
Mangta Hai Kya became my most fav arr song till it was pushed to second
fav by ye jo zindagi hai of 1947earth.

Such type of experiences make us fans realize that we had been wrong in
our assessment of our man, so we remain careful not to denounce any of
his offerings in a rush, that's why we remain devoted to him, and it
pays because his songs do have magic that gets revealed sooner or later.

> Swades

It didn't ever "click" with me but it was likeable enough in the first
hearing itself.

> Water

Now that the dust of water has settled, I can say that though it was
good and soothing, it didn't live up for me on ARR's own claim of his
best ever music. Could be that the ages of wait for the album had tired
me out, had raised my expectations to skies that the album eventually
didn't live up to. Even now, I can say that I found 1947 Earth far far
better than Water.

> Kandukondain Kandukondain

Have heard all his tamil albums, but not able to recall by title.
--
rawat

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "light4_u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The entire Ghajini album was an instance clicked to me only  by 15
>> sec songs provided by chord, just by listening once. As much I
>> remember this happened first time in my life regarding ARR's music. I
>> m talking about entire album, otherwise only 1 or 2 or 3 songs form
>> previous ARR's albums were instance clicked to me. Even Dil SE,
>> Lagaan, Taal, RDB took time to grow on me.
>>
>> Which ARR album was an instance click for u guys ?
>>
>> I m still waiting for an album like Humse hai muqabala from our boss.
>> I don't mean similar music, but fast beats, heavy music, soothing,
>> dancing numbers etc. Humse hai muqabala is my personal favourite.
>>

>>  In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Vithur <vithurm@> wrote:
>>> Thanks dollar Pawan.... I liked it in the first instance itself...
>> Superb
>>> song

>> anything
>> a disgrace