I agree with you Ramesh. The best we can hope for is a nomination for
ARR!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Ramesh R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Slumdog Millionaire for Best Score? Aside from the songs and rap
stuff there's not much of a score. Besides, like most ARR scores it
sounds like he was scoring just the moment and not looking for
something cohesive. Where is the thematic development? But since
Gustavo Santaolalla won two score Oscars recently... anything is
possible, I guess.

> If the movie remains popular with a wide release then perhaps the
best bet is a song nomination for Jai Ho.

> Poor Thomas Newman. He's missed out on the Oscar so many times and
will probably miss this time too. Wall-E is a nice score indeed and
should make the nomination. But I think this year belongs to French
composer Alexandre Desplat. His score for The Curious Case of Benjamin
Button is nothing short of marvellous. The entire score is up for
listening in the official site. There is so much thematic richness,
sophistication and delicacy in his writing... it's delightful to hear
such a fresh voice.

> In a way, I'm glad that The Dark Knight got disqualified (though
regrettably for the wrong reasons).  There is so much happening in the
movie that Chris Nolan wanted a minimalist kind of score to not draw
too much attention to the music. Sure, you can create dronish textures
that fit the mood, but doesn't a