Who said BlaaZe don't know how to speak Tamil? He can speak fluently..
It's much bigger picture actually than considering whether the singers
know Tamil or not.. ARR appreciate the voice and singing skills than
whether they know the language or not... You'll be amazed if you see
how ARR trains the non-tamil singers to sing in Tamil..He's a
perfectionist.. I don't think even the tamil die-hard can do what ARR
does to ensure the singers get the words right...

ARR is more concerned about getting his songs perfect than any of us..
Do you actually know how much of importance ARR has been giving to
lyrics? It's unbelievable that a person who creates magical tunes
manage to spend long hours to get the lyrics fit with the song... Am
sure ARR knows which singer will suite the tunes.. Udit Narayan has
also been singing in Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam and other
languages... Does it mean he cannot sing in those languages just
because he is Hindi? There are also many Tamil singers did well in
Hindi e.g Benny Dayal, Karthik, Srinivas and many others.. Why didn't
you question on that?

You must be proud that ARR has broken the language barriers and it's
amazing to see the north and south Indian singers hanging around
together during ARR's live tours without any differences... They are
united under one banner.. MUSIC... You should appreciate that ARR has
made the Hindi singers improving themselves as time goes on... Tamil
is not an easy language... For those who mastered it because they are
born Tamizhan, they don't find it hard (but some still struggling to
speak properly)... It's a great thing when Hindi singers can actually
sing in a language not only they don't understand but which is very
hard for them..

How many of us speak the language perfectly by the way? Most of us are
mixing our mother-tongue with English....Are we perfect enough to
protect the language?

Imagine Marudhani without Madhushree... ARR knows what he's doing..

my_arr

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "up84mouli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am gonna get deadly blastings in some replies to this mail but
this
> question is never getting out of my head for quite few days. Thought
> will ask you :-)
>
> Why does Rahman use Madhusree, Blaaze, Naresh Iyer, Udit Narayanan,
> Sukhwinder, and such singers who cannot render Tamil that much
> properly? Is it the lack of good Tamil singers? Is Rahman not aware
> that people are upset when they listen to such songs?
>
> Does Rahman have no choice? Are the producers demanding him to use
> M'sree, lots of English lyrics, Raps and all such (mostly)
unnecessary