I feel the same... Rahman does more of a contemporary Hindi style Music now,
rather than his old UNIQUE STYLED EXPERIMENTS like in RANGEELA and all....
Even it wears out my heart too.. For Ghajini, I was expecting something like
"Phoolon Mein"(Jeans) as a reply to Suttum VIzhi..

But the BEAUTY is that,  eventhough the sound has simplified, BOSS is coming
up with GREAT TUNES.. and now most of these tunes are those which we get
hooked at first listen... Infact, I guess, BOSS has done the
SOUND-SIMPLIFICATION, for the sake of a normal music listener, who earlier
found it hard to DIGEST BOSS's Music at first listening... and labelled it
as SLOW POISIONS....

But I wish BOSS comes back with his old TERRIFIC sound... And most probably,
ROBOT is gonna be the MOST ADVANCED MUSIC in the PLANET..