For those of you in the US (and elsewhere!)

http://www.sajaforum.org/2008/12/webcast-ar-rahman.html

NEWSMAKER CHAT: A.R. Rahman, the biggest name in Indian music

RahmanMonday, Dec. 8, 2008
Noon-1:30 pm NY time
9 am-10:30 am LA time (that's where he'll be calling in from)
Local time around the world: http://snurl.com/7biou
He will be with us for the first hour; we'll discuss his work and
career after he leaves us

Listen live or to a recording:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/saja/2008/12/08/AR-Rahman
(you can go and set an e-mail reminder for yourself)
or listen live via your phone by dialing this NYC number +1-347-324-5991

A.R. Rahman is one of the most important figures in world music today
and is one of the 25
top-selling recording artists of all time worldwide. His work on the
soundtrack of "Slumdog
Millionaire" has helped propel the attention the movie has been
getting (including this week's prize
as "Best Film" by the National Board of Review, the first prize of the
U.S. awards season; and
several British prizes) More on him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._R._Rahman

Co-hosting are two SAJA board members and arts writers: Aseem Chhabra
(NYC), Aparita Bhandari (Toronto)

You can ask your questions via phone or the live chatroom or post them
below in the comments section, please. We will read our questions and
comments to Rahman during the show. You can also e-mail
saja[at]columbia.edu (subject line = webcast)

More on "Slumdog Millionaire, including the soundtrack":
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/slumdogmillionaire/
Press contact for the movie and soundtrack: Gitesh Pandya
<gpandya[at]boxofficeguru.com>