The Los Angeles Film Critics Assn.’s
awards dinner, to be held Jan. 12 at the Intercontinental Hotel in
Beverly Hills, will be dedicated to Portuguese filmmaker Manoel de
Oliveira, who turns 100 Thursday. Picture: "Wall-E"
Runner-up: "The Dark Knight"Director: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire"
Runner-up: Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight"Actor: Sean Penn, "Milk"
Runner-up: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler" Actress: Sally Hawkins,
"Happy-Go-Lucky"
Runner-up: Melissa Leo, "Frozen River"Supporting actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark
Knight"
Runner-up: Eddie Marsan, "Happy-Go-Lucky"Supporting actress: Penelope Cruz,
"Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and "Elegy"
Runner-up: Viola Davis, "Doubt"Screenplay: Mike Leigh, "Happy-Go-Lucky"
Runner-up: Charlie Kaufman, "Synecdoche, New York"Foreign-language film: "Still
Life"
Runner-up: "The Class"Documentary: "Man on Wire"
Runner-up: "Waltz With Bashir"Animation: "Waltz With Bashir"Cinematography: Yu
Lik Wai, "Still Life"
Runner-up: Anthony Dod Mantle, "Slumdog Millionaire"Production design: Mark
Friedberg, "Synecdoche, New York"
Runner-up: Nathan Crowley, "The Dark Knight"
Music/score: A.R. Rahman, "Slumdog Millionaire"
Runner-up: Alexandre Desplat, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
New Generation: Steve McQueen, "Hunger"Douglas E. Edwards
independent/experimental film/video: James Benning, "RR" and "Casting a Glance"