On 12/13/2008 7:49 AM India Time, _Madhavan Rajan_ wrote:

> Yesterday, I watched the new Shahrukh Khan movie RYBDJ.  In a particular
> scene when they showed Amristar temple, Ik Onkar song (from RDB) was
> used. Please clarify me if this is an existing devotional song that is
> recomposed by AR for RDB or is it a original song written for RDB and
> Salim has used it from RDB?

Ek Onkar is the traditional religious song of Sikh religion. It is the
first verse in Guru Granth Sahib, their religious scripture.

The lyrics were used in RDB song.

There is a traditional chanting style of most of the religious things.
Veda sholoks are rendered in a particular way (remember: aise kis devta
ki upaasna karein ham havi de kar - bharat ki khoj), aartis, bhajan are
rendered in a particular way. So, there is a specific method of
delivering Ek Onkar that is what ARR used and what everybody uses. It is
all traditional, so no charge of piracy etc.

RNBDJ also uses the same lyrics and same rendering style but the song
was different and not ARR/ RDB version.

--
Rawat