Mobile handset manufacturer Nokia India has roped in musician AR Rahman to
launch its very first music album, 'Nokia Connections,' exclusively for its
XpressMusic handsets.

The music video
 <http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k8/dec/decmam54.php#>for
the album will be released in association with Universal across all leading
music channels in middle of December, this year.

   Nokia India head - GTM Vineet Taneja,
"Music<http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k8/dec/decmam54.php#>on
the move is, and will continue to be, an important element of the
mobile
experience. Nokia has blazed a trail for music on mobiles which includes
handset personalization via ringing tones to music consumption through
integrated FM radios and MP3 support. Nokia's music innovation continues as
we offer more and more localized and relevant content to our consumers."

Conceptualised by Rahman, the album has nine original compositions like Mann
Chandre, Kural, Mylapore Blues and Mosquito in Rajasthani,
Punjabi<http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k8/dec/decmam54.php#>folk,
Hindi and Tamil. The album also features various other singers and
musicians like Sukhwinder, ShivMani and Blaaze.

The music video has been directed by Kanika Myer of BharatBala Productions

"We share a very special and long-term relationship with Rahman and we have
pioneered many innovative things together like the first vertical format
video 'Pray for me brother', the first remix contest for a Rahman song and
now this exclusive album for the XpressMusic devices. We thank Rahman for
participating in our journey of redefining mobile music", added Taneja.

Nokia India will preload the songs on Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5220
XpressMusic and Nokia 5320 XpressMusic which will be available in the market
from January, 2009.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k8/dec/decmam54.php

--
regards,