despite the fact that Pritam is a copycat he is a nice and humble
person. i appreciate him, very few among the current composers can
praise others' work. Shankar, Himesh and VS are also among those very
few. on the other hand I never heard any good comments about ARR from
Ismail Darbar, Jatin-Lalit, Aadesh and even Sukhwinder Singh who got
all his glory due to ARR's Chaiyan Chaiyan and now Jai ho.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sreekrishnan R <rahmanfe...@...>
wrote:

> Pritam: For me, JTYJN is the music of the year
> Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network
>

> 2008 is coming to an end and the debate has started heating up
around
> the best soundtrack of the year so far. Will Pritam walk away with
the
> honors due to five successful albums â€" RACE, JANNAT, SINGH IS
KINNG,
> KISMAT KONNECTION and GOLMAAL RETURNS? Or is it going to be A.R.
Rahman
> who has proved his dominance with albums like JAANE TU YA JAANE NAA,
> JODHAA AKBAR and GHAJINI? Even Vishalâ€"Shekhar have had a fruitful
year
> with BACHNA AE HASEENO, TASHAN and DOSTANA.
>
> "Yes, there have
> been many good albums this year but for me, the topmost music of
2008
> has to be JAANE TU YA JAANE NAA. 'Kabhi Kabhi Aditi' is such
brilliant
> composition, it itself can be weighed in gold", says Pritam in sheer
> awe of this composition by Rahman.
>
> "That's because it is songs
> like these that inspire you to push your creatively. A number like
this
> doesn't come every year, leave aside a month", continues Pritam.
>
> But
> considering that he has given a string of hits yet again in 2008,
> doesn't he feel that time have come for his consistency to be
> acknowledged? After all, he has been pretty much ruling the scene
for
> last two years, just like Himesh Reshammiya was doing for a couple
of
> years before him?
>
> "Well, I am not even dreaming of thinking in
> this direction this year at the least", Pritam speaks in the same
tone
> as before, "How can you even bring any other song or album in
> comparison? Forget them all, for me JAANE TU YA JAANE NAA is the
music
> of the year."
>

> http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/08/dec/19-pritam-for-me-jtyjn-
is-the-music-of-the-year-120803.asp

> Krish.
>

>       Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to
http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

  • ... Sreekrishnan R
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
    • ... Jahanzeb Farooq