Also "Zikr" from "Bose". Always puts me in a trance... totally indescribable
xperience...

--- On Wed, 24/12/08, divyaishu <divyai...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
From: divyaishu <divyai...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [arr] Re: ARR and Sufi music
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 24 December, 2008, 10:33 AM

            Having mentioned these songs, I forgot talking about Noor-un-ala-
noor

from Meenaxi: a tale of 3 cities. Penned by M.F.Hussain himself, the

lyrics bear a peppy music by ARR. I wonder why such songs have been

sidelined by the media! Perhaps it is more than often not the public's

vote, it is actually the media personnels choice, which is sad.

Divya

--- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com, "divyaishu" <divyai...@. ..> wrote:

> I am astonished that each time I am contemplating a prayer to the

> Almighty, specially while praying earnestly, I'm invariably singing a

> Sufiana song of Rahman! The most recent one being "Khwaja Mere

> Khwaja"...apart from the fact that I'd been a follower of Khwaja ji

> even before the song was released.

> It's amzing the gamut of Sufi music ARR has rendered;  "Piya Haji

> Ali", "Al Maddat Maula", and "Khwaja": each song beautiful in its own

> way and getting me eccstatic in praise of the Almighty...the first

one

> bearing a lot of rhythm, the second being extremely intense as if it

is

> fervent prayer and the Khwaja song raising an vehement urge to

> culminate in the love of God. And praise be to each of these Sufi

> Saints and praise be to ARR for giving us such soulful music.

                        Recent Activity

       56
      New Members

       1
      New Polls

                Visit Your Group

                      Ads on Yahoo!
Learn more now.
Reach customers
searching for you.

                      Yahoo! Groups
Going Green Zone
Find Green groups.
Find Green resources.

                      Health Groups
for people over 40
Join people who are
staying in shape.

          .

      Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.
Go to http://in.webmessenger.yahoo.com/