'Slumdog Millionaire' -- music launched
1/7/2009 9:01:56 AM

A still from Slumdog Millionaire

Here's another salute to the cult classic -- 'Slumdog Millionaire', as the
producers 'guild awards' came in, Rahman's super successful music was launched
in India and the music launch reflected the camaradrie shared by the film's
team.

The awards and  accolades apart its the global recognition that brings a smile
to the faces of the film's actors. Anil Kapoor,"We are all Indian and they must
have really done something special for us to be nominated. This is the first
time this has happened".

Lovellen Tandon Co-director, "It's like Danie Boyle meets Hollywood because
it's neither Bollywood, nor Hollywood."

Irrfan Khan, "It's a recognition of your talent and it does well for the market
also, fulifills both purposes."

With a 'golden globe' nomination and many other awards to back the film's
music, 'Slumdog Millionaire' adds another laurel to A R Rahman's already full
kitty this season, as for the run up to the 'oscars', "The oscars -- thats the
big daddy, ans you never kno, so its better that we enjoy the realse of this
music process, the success of the film," added Anil Kapoor.

http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=25564