What is cues ? Can anyone explain. Thanks in advance.

--- On Wed, 7/1/09, Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Gopal Srinivasan <catchg...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [arr] Bollywood Arrives at Golden Globes!
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 7 January, 2009, 9:21 AM

Bollywood Arrives at Golden Globes!

MUMBAI: When the Golden Globe Awards unfold at the Beverly Hilton in
Los Angeles on Sunday, the Bollywood presence will be truly top heavy.
Music
maestro A R Rahman is in the running for the Best Original Score
for the internationally acclaimed Danny Boyle film, SlumDog Millionaire
(the film has already won 55 awards within two months of its release in
the USA).
Bollywood will also be represented by Shah Rukh Khan, who has been
pencilled in to present an award (a first at the Golden Globes for an
Indian actor). Filmmaker Karan Johar, who is currently stationed in Los
Angeles for the shooting of his My Name Is Khan, is also a special
invitee at the awards ceremony
..
Rahman, expected to fly to Los Angeles in the wee hours of Wednesday
to be present at the Golden Globes, couldn’t be present at the music
launch function of the film held in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Speaking to the media through a video conference from his Chennai residence,
the music composer got a trifle emotional. “The Golden Globe nomination for my
music and
all the various awards I have received for SlumDog Millionaire
surprised me. I want to win this award for India,” he said.
When his overseas agents called him to say that he had received a Golden Globe
nomination (considered in Hollywood as a prelude to the Oscars), he was
absolutely taken back, Rahman said.
“For a Hindi film I usually work with 193 cues,” he confessed. “In the
case of Slumdog, I have worked with only 17 cues. So I’m all the more
overwhelmed with the response to the music.”

http://timesofindia .indiatimes. com/Mumbai/ Bollywood_ arrives_at_
Golden_Globes/ articleshow/ 3944015.cms

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/