‘Slumdog Millionaire’ — And A.R. Rahman — Win Big At Golden Globes
Published by Brian Jacks on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 1:27 am.

The Danny Boyle-helmed “Slumdog Millionaire” may have officially left its
one-time underdog status behind, as the Indian romance drama took home awards
for Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Original Score at the 2009 Golden
Globes.
The film had ridden a wave of critical acclaim, and the wins now help cement it
as an incoming Oscar heavyweight. Among those celebrating is noted composer
A.R. Rahman, whose original work and collaboration with artist M.I.A. provided
“Slumdog” with its venerable score. We caught up with Rahman recently and spoke
to the musician about the film, his music and what its successes mean for the
people of India. Watch the resulting chat below, and then click here for our
full interview with A.R. Rahman.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/01/12/slumdog-millionaire-and-ar-rahman-win-big-at-golden-globes/