I COMPLETELY AGREE. What a masterpiece!!! Tears rolled over as I
listened, or rather, melted into Arziyan. Every song is so deep,
emotion evoking, rich and fabulous! This new year couldn't have been
better. It's such an experience to simply melt into each and every one
of the tracks in this movie. Now, my contention that ARR should work
only with such caliber of directors (Rakeysh, Mani, Danny) is getting
stronger and stronger :)

I bow down to you sir. I grew with your music all these years, and
today, I feel myself at a totally higher plane, listening to this
masterpiece!

I am going mad over this :)

Happy melting,
Rams.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "samarth_rajendra"
<samarth_rajen...@...> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Arziyan: An experience akin to Khwaja Mere Khwaja, or dare I say even
> better, if that is possible! Javed Ali and Kailash Kher go all out in
> assisting ARR create what is, in my opinion, the best Sufi-inspired
> song I have heard in recent years, if ever. Traditional tabla beats,
> clapping, and accordion dominate the entire track, coupled with ARR's
> magical use of strings. Once again, prepare to lose yourself in 9
> minutes of pure ethereal bliss.
>
> Masakali: We have all heard the magic of the accordion in the the
> promos, and what a satisfying 5 minutes this turns out to be! ARR is
> at his playful best here, where he teases with bits of accordion and
> strings, along with the combination of Prasoon Joshi's masterful
> lyrics and Mohit Chauhan's effortless and silky singing. The humming
> and accordion are absolutely infectious.
>
> Dil Gira Dafatan and Hey Kaala Bandar: Two of the most unique and
> "departure-from-tradition" songs you will have heard in a long time.
> ARR once again pushes the boundaries of experimentation, and proves
> why only ARR can come up with such tunes. Dil Gira Dafatan instantly
> reminded me of Tu Bin Bataaye from RDB, because of the slow, soothing,
> and calm nature of the song. Hey Kaala Bandar is truly wacky, coupled
> with equally wacky yet catchy lyrics.
>
> Bhor Baaye: My initial suspicions proved right. Perhaps for the first
> time, this is a combination of an older recording of the legendary
> Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan and the newly recorded, sweet-as-saccharine
> voice of Shreya Ghoshal into 3 minutes of pure Hindustani classical.
> Special note must go to Shreya's singing, which is flawless. My guess
> is that this will be featured as a song that one of the characters in
> the film sing at a gathering.
>
> Delhi 6: Featured in the new promos, This is where ARR goes into the
> 'Paatshala' mode, with rap and hip-hop adding to make for a very
> catchy number. This will surely catch up with the young crowd once the
> film releases.
>
> Aarti Tumre Bhavan Mein: A soothing devotional, with the voices of 4
> female singers all collectively singing, most probably featuring in a
> temple scene in the film. Minimal usage of instruments, with emphasis
> resting on the collective singing. A pleasing listen.
>
> Genda Phool: Featuring the classical singing of Rekha Bharadwaj
> (Vishal Bharadwaj's better half), this is a playful fusion of
> modern-day beats and classical singing, something which Vishal
> Bharadwaj is extremely good at. This number is akin to Manmohini
> Morey, with Prasoon once again showing his mastery with words.
>
> Noor: A very short, 50-second piece featuring the deep baritone of
> Amitabh Bachchan, this is more of brief Shayari, which is a truly
> beautiful one.
>
> What an experience ARR has given at the onset of 2009 itself! This
> genius, this legend is simply unstoppable. Onward ARR, to people's
> hearts and ears with this masterpiece of a soundtrack, and to the
Oscars!