Let's put it this way
The first Indian to win the Golden Globe in half a century
This falls nothing short of an achievement and he is the first Indian
that we could witness receiving the Golden Globe award.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Thulasi Ram" <karoke...@...>
wrote:

> AR Rahman "NOT" the first Indian to win a Golden Globe
> http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-not-the-
first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html
> Published by  shobhit  <http://www.radiosargam.com/shobhit> at
02:44:00 am
> on January 17, 2009
>

> I am honestly sick and tired for the entire industry drooling over
AR
> Rahman. His achievement is nothing short of great, but lets not take
away
> the achievements India has had in the past. Frankly, I am disgusted
at the
> fact that most of the Indian media doesn't even bother to check its
facts
> before printing the
> news<http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-not-
the-first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html#>.
> It is disrespectful, inappropriate, and frankly quite insulting to
Mr.
> Rahman as well.
>
> The first Indian to win a Golden Globe was the Producer/Director Mr.
V.
craftsman<http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-
not-the-first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html#>
> and
> technological innovator, but also an
> artist<http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-
not-the-first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html#>
> of
> conscience who dedicated himself to using the film
> arts<http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-not-
the-first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html#>
> as
> a means to further social causes. is one of the most highly regarded
> directors in the
> history<http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/30525/ar-rahman-
not-the-first-indian-to-win-a-golden-globe.html#>
> of
> Indian cinema. Yes, we have made films of that caliber way back in
1959 -
> something that Aamir Khan has been trying very hard to achieve.
>
> So please lets stop the nonsense of "first Indian to win a Golden
Globe",
> and just appreciate Mr. Rahman for bringing such honor to the film
industry.

> Links to  misinformed idiots (to name a few):

Indiafm<http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/01/14/4729/index
.html>

> Times of
India<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Rahman_wins_Golden_Globe_dedi
cates_win_to_India/articleshow/3966010.cms>

> Hindustan
Times<http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?
sectionName=HomePage&id=0c2b2243-450c-49b9-aa68-
6f551d11b087&&Headline=Rahman+creates+history%2c+EMSlumdog%2fEM+hits+G
olden+Globe+jackpot>