One of the BEST movies that I have seen, and a truly under-rated one.
Couldn't believe it flopped at the BO.

Anyways it was after 'Ye jo Des hain tera' that I was truly drawn
into Rahman & his music.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Vithur <vith...@...> wrote:

> It's a story of a character named Mohan Bhargava played by Shah
Rukh Khan
> (one of the most popular Indian actors of *Chak De! India*, *Veer-
Zaara*,
> and *Devdas* fame) who plays an Indian scientist working in NASA as
> project manager. He returns to India on a quest to find his
childhood nanny.
> And then starts the journey of an Indian who witnesses his country
and
> relationships like he's never seen it before.
>

> Multiple layers of the story line unfold and as each layer reveals
itself,
> the audience stops sympathizing and starts empathizing with the
situations
> and experiences the grief as if it were their own. The story of the
movie is
> the core fabric which balances all the other elements together. The
> characters of the movie are well written and have been enacted
gracefully by
> the actors. The second most important character of the movie after
Shah Rukh
> Khan is that of Gita played by Gayatri Joshi who runs a local
village
> school.
>
> Ashutosh Gowariker (*Lagaan*, J*odhaa Akbar*), the director has
displayed
> his prowess with this movie by capturing the truest feelings and
emotions of
> characters throughout the *Swades*. The movie has many noteworthy
scenes
> which creates an instant connection with the viewer. Some of the
scenes
> worth a mention would be:
>
> - Mohan's confrontation of various problems faced in India with the
rest of
> the villagers during a school function
> - The Hydro Electricity generator scene
> - The trip Mohan takes to collect money from a creditor and the
glass of
> water scene on his way back to his village (the scene with maximum
impact
> and an extremely emotional moment in the movie).
>
> Yet another part worth mentioning is the music of the movie which
is given
> by A. R. Rahman (who recently won a Golden Globe Award for his work
on *Slumdog
> Millionaire*). The music of this movie cannot be compared to the
music of
> any other commercial Indian movie but the music blends perfectly
with the
> theme of the movie. The song 'Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera' sung by A. R.
Rahman is
> believed to have made many Indians living in different parts of the
globe
> reach for a tissue to wipe a tear during the movie. The lyrics,
vocals and
> the music of the song are truly Hindustani.
>
> Although the length of the movie 189 minutes) and he slow pace can
be
> discouraging, I'd still strongly recommend that you watch this
movie at
> least once with an open mind to experience it. I hope every reader
of this
> post watches the movie and shares the perspective and the ideology
of the
> movie and likes it enough to recommend it to others!
> http://www.theplurp.com/movies/moviereviews/848-swades
>
> --
> regards,
> Vithur

  • ... Vithur
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
      • ... victor kumar
    • ... Rafid Nuhuman