Jahanzeb,
   That's a wrong subject heading you chose. It's not a snub. Their reasoning
is quite similar to what I've mentioned on this group earlier-- the score is
not substantial. Subtract the songs from the music ARR composed and you get a
max of 17 minutes of score.

  They're a group of film music critics (some of whom I am acquainted with on
film score message boards) and they vote on their picks each year. There's no
award presentation as far as I know. But whatever the case, there are lots of
great picks in their list.

 And yes, that feeling of insubstantial score for SdM is prevalent in a lot of
other boards too (check FilmScoreMonthly which is perhaps the biggie-- a number
of people in the music/film industry are members there). I've mentioned this
earlier-- unlike previous awards like BFCA, Golden Globes & BAFTA, the Oscar
nominations are decided based on votes from members in the related categories.
So only the members of the music branch in AMPAS can decide the nominations for
music categories.

  The studios send out promotional cds (marked 'For Your Consideration') to
AMPAS voting members in order to help them decide their picks for best score.
The promo cd for SdM score is just 17 min long. That's why SdM is not yet a
clincher for the best score. No one can say whether SdM will make it or not.
But I will not be surprised if it doesn't.

RR