I feel on top of the world: Rahman

Veeraraghav T M / CNN-IBN

CNN-IBN spoke with music composer AR Rahman minutes after his songs were
nominated for the
Academy Awards.

CNN-IBN: Did you expect being in the final race for the Oscars?

AR Rahman: No, it was really unexpected and we all are very surprised.

CNN-IBN: What is your initial reaction to not just getting one but three
nominations?

AR Rahman: We all are feeling on top of the world. I have received so many
SMSes from all over
the country. Thank you so much for your love and prayers. This nomination is
for all the
singers, musicians and composers. It represents all of them.

CNN-IBN: If there is one message that you would want to give Danny Boyle, what
would it be?

AR Rahman: I think Danny Boyle has been a blessing for the film. He was the
bridge for the
entire team. It was a sincere effort on hope and optimism. And it has made me
more firm in live
too.

CNN-IBN: You will be leaving for Los Angeles shortly? Your whereabouts have
been a closely
guarded secret.

AR Rahman: Yes, I will be leaving but when is a secret.

CNN-IBN: Thanks very much and let us hope the next time we meet him with the
Oscars in his
hands.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/i-feel-on-top-of-the-world-rahman/83449-8.html