http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-01-22/what-does-india-think-about-slumdog-millionaire/

http://tinyurl.com/atlt4r

On the other hand, the American Academy awards are still a wistful dream, and
considered the ultimate arbiters of excellence here. And what makes Slumdog
Milionaire especially complicated is the hybrid nature of it. Based on an
Indian novel, shot in India with real slum kids, set to A.R. Rahman's music,
featuring Bollywood vets Irfan Khan and Anil Kapoor in important roles, it
confounds the usual cultural categories and expectations. This peculiar
insider-outsider dynamic makes Basu's “it's just a Danny Boyle movie” logic a
hard sell here, even as it ensures India's emotional investment in the film.