On 1/23/2009 1:20 AM India Time, _arr_raghu_ wrote:

> It seems that 2 songs out of 3 nominations is the best deal one can get
> but I am wondering if the two nominations are helping or damaging the
> chances.
> I am afraid that ARR voters will have a tough time on deciding which
> one to choose. I hope the split does not weaken the winning chances.
>
> Raghu

What exactly is meant in this thread by "ARR votes"?

Are their people in Oscar board who are ARR fans?

The way you guys are saying is like mayawati's party snatching a small
share of votes that would make Congress loose and BJP win.

I feel that for such a prestigious award, decision makers would rise
above their personal likings and dislikings and would decide on the
basis of the actual merits of the individual cases.

So, it means there are no fixed "ARR voters" in there, and there would
be no split as such. I personally think that nomination for 2 is more of
an achievement than a win for 1.

--
Rawat