http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=11665&page=1

MUMBAI: It was 'Jai Ho' for music director AR Rahman at the Mumbai premiere of
Slumdog Millionaire.

While
he was unable to attend the premiere as he was in Chennai giving the
final touches to the musical score of Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi
6, the cast and crew of the movie and almost the entire film industry
thoroughly missed him at the premiere.

Speaking to
Businessofcinema.com director Danny Boyle says, "I am very excited with
the ten nominations that the movie has got at the Oscars. Apart from
that, I am most happy for Rahman who has got three nominations for the
movie. It is unbelievably exciting."

Veteran filmmaker, Yash
Chopra added, "I thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie and I
congratulate Rahman for his Oscar nominations. It is truly a great
achievement for India."

Actor Anil Kapoor says, "We are really
happy today and we wish Rahman was also with us right now to share this
moment together. He has made us all very proud."

Actor Hrithik
Roshan, who was at the premiere with his wife Suzanne, says, "I am very
happy for Rahman and wish him all the very best for the Oscars. He has
truly done us all proud."

Preity Zinta says, "I congratulate Rahman for his Oscar nominations. I'm sure
he will shine bright at the Awards."

Speaking
to Businessofcinema.com from Bangalore on Rahman's nominations, actor R
Madhavan says, "I am going to be seeing the film tomorrow. I think it
is about time A R is accepted and admired globally."

When
queried by Businessofcinema.com on what his expectations were from the
Oscars and BAFTA awards, Boyle says, "Oh I am not going to think about
it. I have no expectations and I shall take it as it comes. For the
time being I am just going to think about the movie and the beautiful
journey so far. I will begin thinking about the next project by the end
of February. Until then I am going to take a break."