*AVM** Saravanan in Rahmania Radio Show *

Salutations! I am very glad to participate in a program like this and talk
about Rahman Sir. Everytime, I get to see him, *I get awestruck, seeing his
brilliance.* They have given a correct name that of " Isaipuyal" to him. I
consider it a greta fortune to have known such a person , to have met such a
person and to speak about him. No technician has reached such heights as
what Rahman Sir has achieved. He is the first technician to have reached
such heights of glory from Southern India and from Madras.

He is like a forerunner to many people. Whenever I listen to his music, the
first time it would appear to be good, the second time it would appear to be
more good, and after that we get the feeling that it is extra ordinary. Its
like a slow poison and his music has got that magnetism in it. I keep
telling that he ties a magnetic pulling dollar ( tayattu in tamil)

That addiction is like that. I still don't remember as to how many times I
listened to Jeans songs. Even today, when I listen to them, I get mesmerized
and am lost. The music appears to be a motivation to the people who are able
to picturise it well. Its Rahman Sir 's greatness and I consider his
achievement as a very good fortune for Tamil Nadu itself.

 Sivaji was a movie which gave us happiness. It was the first time that we
had the combination of Rajnikanth, Shankar and A.R.Rahman. It was our
father's 100th year and we considered it a great opportunity to do that. It
was our studio's 61st year. It was Rahman Sir's excellent work, and Re
Recording.

I was sitting outside the theatre one day and listening to the Re- recording
without seeing the picture. I was completely thrilled to listen to the
Climax Re recording music bit. Actually, the movie crossed our budget, but
it was a remarkable movie and would be remembered in the history of Tamil
Cinema.

Nowadays all interactions are done by my son Guhan. Even during Sivaji time,
he was interacting with Rahman Sir for all the work.

*Minsara Kanavu*

There will be a story in a particular song. It's the " Vennilave Vennilave'
song.  The song would have come out as a story itself. Rajeev Menon would
have done a wonderful work for the picturisation of the same. It was he, who
was responsible for us getting close to Mr. Rahman. He presented the song in
a nice manner. The songs were excellent.

At the time , when Rahman Sir received the award, and when my son had gone
to greet him with a bouquet, Rahman Sir greeted us by saying " *You had give
me the payment to a large extent, paid it promptly and had also given me
this award and have also come to greet me for this National Award". *

There is nothing to doubt about him getting that award. We were happy that
it was through our movie that we produced.

Q :- When did you first meet Rahman ?

I think I met him first during an award ceremony. I met him in a couple of
occasions during Minsara Kanavu sessions. But my son has met him a lot many
times. Of course, I have met him up during Sivaji times. He is also a
reserved type of person.

One day, I managed to sit with him for a Re Recording Session till 2 AM . I
couldn't sit after that time period. He had put a small bench which is 2feet
wide. I couldn't sit there for long. Of course, my son stayed the entire
night. He is remarkable as he works night and day. He is a trend maker. His
style of music is followed by many people nowadays.

His hard work is the main reason behind his success. We feel very happy to
see he getting a lot many awards.

--
regards,
Vithur