Prasoon is a rockstar!
For those of you who dunno, he's the main dude in mccann ericsson,
(advertising agency) The Creative Director for South Asia & South
East Asia, and can compose a bit of music.

The recent ING ad 'mere desh mein paisa sirf paisa nahi hain' is
written by Prasoon, sung by Jaaved Ali and music by Monty sharma.

Prasoon rocks man! Hopefully I'd get to work with this genious.

Cheers!
Sriram
AD-student

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Vithur <vith...@...> wrote:

>   Writing his way to the top
> 28 Jan 2009, 0045 hrs IST, Divya Kaushik, TNN
>      Print<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-
4037360,prtpage-1.cms>
>    Email <javascript:openWindowmail('/mail/4037360.cms');>   Discuss
> Share<javascript:void(0)>
>  Save <javascript:showdivlayer('4037360','t','close');>

Comment<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Writing_his_way_t
o_the_top/articleshow/4037360.cms#write>
> Text:
>    On his trip to Jaipur for the just concluded Jaipur Literature
Festival,
> lyricist Prasoon Joshi shares his thoughts about his work, AR

Rahman<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Writing_his_way_to
_the_top/articleshow/4037360.cms#>and
>   <javascript:openslideshownew('/slideshow/4037729.cms?
imw=460','541')>
> <javascript:openslideshownew('/slideshow/4037729.cms?imw=460','541')
>
> Prasoon Joshi
> more, with JT.
>
> Prasoon Joshi is on a high these days – with his Masakkali on its
way to
> becoming a chartbuster already. No wonder, the lyricist is eagerly
awaiting
> the release of Delhi 6. We caught up with Prasoon at the recently-
concluded
> Jaipur Literature Festival, while he was busy signing autographs
for his
> numerous fans and he spoke to us about his work, his association
with AR
> Rahman, his family and more.
>
> Prasoon's repertoire of

lyrics<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Writing_his_way_to
_the_top/articleshow/4037360.cms#>has
> touched the hearts of many – be it Maa from Taare Zameen Par (TZP)
for
> which he was complimented extensively by listeners of all age
groups or the
> songs of Ghajini, that the youngsters have taken to in a big way...
And the
> latest craze among youngsters is, of course, the song Masakkali.
Beams
> Prasoon, "There is an interesting tale behind the lyrics of this
song. The
> word 'masakkali' happened by accident. It was some groovy tune that
Rahman
> was playing and singing Masakkali along. When I asked him what it
meant, he
> just smiled at me. But the word remained in my mind and I decided
to use it
> in the song. We also decided to name the pigeon, that has a symbolic
> significance in the movie, Masakkali, and weaved the lyrics around
it. Now
> it feels good to see that the song has clicked with the youth in a
big way.
> In fact, even Bhajji (Harbhajan Singh) messaged me saying that he
liked this
> song in particular. I think Masakkali is the kind of song
youngsters look
> for and identify with."
>
> Indeed, Prasoon has many young listeners in the country hooked on
to his
> songs. Says he with a laugh, "Come on, I am very young myself...
But on a
> serious note, I realise that today, youngsters want something that
has
> movement and is not monotonous or drab. So, I try to keep a
positive energy
> in each of my songs, be it Tu dhoop hai from TZP or Khoon chala in
RDB."

> Be it Ghajini or RDB, some of his best compositions have been in
association
> with AR Rahman, and now they have become the most-sought-after jodi
in the
> music industry. "Well, I feel proud that my name is associated with

musical<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Writing_his_way_t
o_the_top/articleshow/4037360.cms#>genius
> like AR Rahman. He is one of the most wonderful people I have ever
> met and, I think, it is the honesty of our hearts and sincerity
towards our
> work that connects us both. I love him as a person and respect him
as a
> great musician. His Oscar nomination has hardly come as a surprise
to me –
> for, I feel, he truly deserves it," shares Prasoon.
>
> Talking about his family, the lyricist says he hardly gets time to
spend
> with his wife and three-year-old daughter. "I really miss my
daughter
> Aishanya when I am away from home, and I travel quite a bit. But
then, most
> of my compositions are for my little angel and she knows that. And
Bam bam
> bole ... is one song that was written specially for her and she
really loves
> it," reveals Prasoon with a smile.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Writing_his_way_to_the_to
p/articleshow/4037360.cms

> --
> regards,
> Vithur

  • ... Vithur
    • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .