Rangeela was released in 1995, so it would have qualified for an award
in 1996.

So, the 1995 RDB best debutant award must have been for some earlier
film and not for Rangeela.

--
Rawat

On 2/5/2009 7:09 PM India Time, _Moin Ul Haque_ wrote:

> I agree with rayrai, Rahman bhai for the RDB award as a newcomer for the
> film Rangeela and not for Roja.
> Also Rahman won the best score award for film Rangeela. And its the time
> when RDB awards were given away to the new budding composers for their
> initial extra-ordinary work in the field of music.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Moin.H
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:33 AM, rayrai2k <ravis...@gmail.com
> <mailto:ravis...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I guess AR was awarded RD B award after Rangeela, he had come to the
>     stage twice to collect on that year during FF awards once for RDB and
>     the second time for best music - Rangeela. He happened to be the
>     first one to receive the RDB award followed by Karthik Raja for
>     Grahan in the later year.
>

>     --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
>     <mailto:arrahmanfans%40yahoogroups.com>, V S Rawat <vsra...@...> wrote:
>      >
>      > On 2/5/2009 9:41 AM India Time, _Chord_ wrote:
>      >
>      > > Does anyone remember? Did he have any comments on ARR and his
>     music
>      > > before he passed on?
>      >
>      > wiki says R D Burman passed away on January 4, 1994.
>      >
>      > Roja Tamil was released in 1992, and Hindi version was released
>     later on.
>      >
>      > The first Filmfare hindi section award that our man had got was
>     named "R
>      > D Burman Award for Best new musical talent", for Roja, Hindi; 1995.
>     That
>      > means Filmfare considered Roja Hindi film as released in 1994 and
>     music
>      > must have got released a few months earlier. Thus RDB must have
>     come
>      > across Roja Hindi music.
>      >
>      > --
>      > Rawat
>      >

> --
> (¨`•.•´¨) Always
> `•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) Keep
>     `•.¸¸.•´ Smiling!
>
> GOD BLESS YOU
> With Love and Care Always
> Moin.H
>
> --
> Life  is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who
>  treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe  everything
> happens for a reason. If you get a second chance,  grab it with both
> hands.  If it changes your life, let  it.  Nobody said life would be
> easy, they just promised  it would be worth it.

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

Admin: ad...@arrahmanfans.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional