Dear Friends,

While I fell in love with Man Chandre the first time I heard it... something
else is disturbing me:

a) If you remove the ghattam, the unconvential rhythm, the high pitching by
Sukhwinder - and just keep the song to simple vocals (and the tinkles) - then
this song has ghazal as its foundation style (and not a folk style) - Correct?

b) I'm dead sure that I've heard a similar Jagjit Singh ghazal - but unable to
pin it down.... did someone else feel this as well? If so, can you point that
out?

Himalaya - again why do I feel that the note pattern (not same notes, but same
pattern - something like mirror image if you may like) follow's Beethoven's Fur
Elise? Again - did someone else notice or felt this?

BTW - I'm not questioning anything here - just wondering if Rahman is
playing/experimenting with established numbers and giving his own twist/version
to it... types... I hope I get to ask Rahman this someday? :)

In the meantime, the music gurus in this group can perhaps take a dig at these
observation.

ciao / Gopal

      Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Go to http://in.yahoo.com/