ARR recieved BAFTA before Resul!

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "S, Karthik" <karthi...@...> wrote:

> Is it Resul Pookutty or ARR? I mean, I did not see the award
ceremony live, but gooing by accepted tradition, award for technical
category like Audio editing will be given first before coming on to
the best score. In that case Resul would be first Indian to bag BAFTA,
overcoming ARR by minutes..

> I mean, I want to reduce too much of Dhrishty(Bad omen coming out of
too much of praise) on ARR. Let him not be the first always, even in
OSCARS. Just that let him win all , as of now. He still has miles to
conquere. For ARR there is no limit.

Behalf Of Thulasi Ram [karoke...@...]
> Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 8:41 AM
> To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [arr] AR Rahman is the first Indian musician to win the
BAFTA Award: CNN-IBN

> London: Adding yet another feather in his cap, music maestro Allah
Rakha Rahman on Sunday bagged the BAFTA Award in the best music score
category for Slumdog Millionaire at a gala event in London.

> After becoming the first Indian to win the Golden Globe and getting
a triple Oscar nomination in two categories for the same movie,
Rahman, 43, is the first Indian musician to win the BAFTA Award.

> Apart from Rahman, Resul Pookutty was the other Indian to win a
BAFTA Award for Best Sound editing for Slumdog Millionaire.

> Rahman's composition Jai Ho for British director Danny Boyle's
Slumdog Millionaire, earned him the Critics Choice Award for Best
Composer in 2008 and the Golden Globe in the category of Best Original
Score.

> Rahman, born in Chennai on January 6, 1966, has been nominated in
the Best Original Score and Best Original Song categories for two of
his compositions -- Jai Ho and O Saya at the Oscar.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ar-rahman-resul-pookutty-win-bafta-award/84835-8.html