Rawat,

There is no jury as such. The entire academy (all the members) select the
winners
in all categories. The nominees are selected by branches of the academy
(i,e actors will vote for the acting nominees, the music branch will
selected
the music related nominees etc..) But for the final winners, everybody
votes.

The Academy is quite an exclusive club and AFAIK its membership list is not
public.
A lot of P.R. schmoozing goes on to influence this group. Explicit lobbying
(bribing)
is obviously prohibited :-)

Simon Beaufoy, (the screenwrited for Slumdog and who is also nominated for
an academy) who is doing the PR rounds, was here at my workplace for a Q&A
session.
Lots of interesting discussions about the movie, Bollywood, India..
Simon was praising Rahman as a superstar and Pookutty as a genius who
did miracles with sound on the Mumbai streets.

Somebody asked him about the opening slum sequence and if the song ("O
Saaya") was composed before or after the shoot.
Simon mentioned Rahman (he kept calling him AR) came in late into the
project. They were working with a temp score
and "O Saaya" was composed after the edit.

We had another screening of the film (the third one, I think) here and once
again, in email discussions that followed,  the music was mentioned by
a lot of people as brilliant. Rahman's NPR interview and KCRW (Morning
becomes eclectic) interview were forwarded around.
Oscar or not, ARR has definitely gained a huge number of new fans, who are
keen to explore his other scores.
BTW, I recommended "Dil Se" to a lot of people as ideal (and accessible)
intro to ARR