Even i wud lyk to say the same thing tht Pavan bhai said , the time
has finally come wen the whole world wud sit up and notice the magic
of GURU!!
Even if he misses out on Best Song Oscar [ i hope not ] but if he does
, still im sure tht the whole western audience tht wud watch him
perform live and the million other who watch him on tv wud surely fall
in luv wid his music [ if they havnt alrdy !! ]

Here wishing GURU all the best & hope tht he bagges both the OSCARS !

Jai Ho
Rahul

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancum...@...>
wrote:

> I am not aware with the academy rules..but what if both O saya and
Jai Ho declared as joint winners in the Best Song category ?
Then..Rahman has all chances of getting 3...

> But who cares...More than Oscar what is important is people all
around the world noticing Rahman's work..Slumdog has managed to do
that for Rahman..Now everyone would be interested in exploring more
and more of Rahman..as we say in hindi "rongte kade hojayenge unke" :)

'Wall-E' for best song)
> To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 1:11 PM
>

> Just to clarify, ARR cannot win three awards. He has three nominations
> in a total of two categories. He can only win a maximum of two. Thanks.
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@ yahoogroups. com, Madhavan Rajan <rsamadhu2002@
...>
> wrote:
> >
> > I liked all three songs that were nominated. I hope AR does a
> hattrick at
> > Oscars (Bagging all three awards!). However, I will be happy even if
> Peter
> > Gabriel wins his first Oscar.
> >
> > One more thing I would like to quote - Martin Scorcese has created
> better
> > films than his own Departed, but academy honoured him for his work in
> > Departed. So, let's not worry about the academy's choice and instead
> just
> > say, if one wins Oscar it's for what he has given to the society
> till date.
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM, V S Rawat <vsrawat@ > wrote:
> >
> > > I heard Wall-E's Down to Earth by Peter Gabriel. I think that is the
> > > song nominated for Oscar in the category of SDM songs.
> > >
> > > The song seems good, but English music has had enumerable
equally good
> > > or even better songs compared to that, whereas our man's SDM songs
> have
> > > a novelty value as international level music from India.
> > >
> > > And something in this song reminds me of some of Bryan Adams'
> songs and
> > > even his voice, not able to pinpoint which one. Anyone.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rawat

> chose only
> > > three tunes as best