That's very sweet of Pt. Ravi shankar ji..[Himself a pioneer
of popularizing Indian Classical music abroad]

There are great masters of Music like Pt. Ravi shankar,Ustad
Amjad ali khan, Ustad Zakir hussin ji who have always admired
Rahman..bcoz they know how true his music is..how divine his music
is..!!
They are not one of those who bash people just for getting media
attentions!
These people do not confine Music certain generations or people..
and that is why they have gone global..

-jiban

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Aakarsh <aakarsh...@...> wrote:

> Pt.Ravi Shankar About ARR:
>
> I¢ve admired music directors who have developed instrumental music
along with and apart from the songs, like C Ramachandra, Salil
Chowdhury, SD and RD Burman and Ilayaraja. I also admire AR Rahman,
who¢s given such beautiful songs to films. He¢s brilliant and I feel
happy to see him get recognition and admiration from the west.

> Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Potpourri/Im-glad-Zakir-
has-won-his-first-Grammy/articleshow/4117467.cms