*Road to Oscars - 9 days to go*

It's just nine days to go for the Academy Awards. AR Rahman seems to be
inching closer and closer to grasp the coveted trophy in his cusp hands.

He returned to Chennai after receiving the BAFTA award in London for his
musical score in the film 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

When asked about the award, Rahman said, "The Golden Globe was from the
United States and the BAFTA was from the United Kingdom. Both are equally
prestigious awards and I am honored to be a recipient."

Queried on the possibility of receiving the Oscar Award, Rahman said, "I do
not have any expectations, but if it comes it will be a moment to cherish."

Looking back at events and honors that came his way, Rahman looks certain to
win the award.

Interestingly, Rahman, who started his career introduced by director Mani
Ratnam, also owes it to veteran director K Balachander. Rahman's maiden
venture 'Roja' was produced by Balachander. Similarly, Rahman was chosen to
do music for the Rajini starrer 'Muthu', which again was produced by
Kavithalaya.

*Listen to 'Muthu' songs on raaga.com
Now….*<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=T0000106>

He followed it up with more successful ventures with 'Duet' and 'Parthalae
Paravasam', both directed by K Balachander. The songs especially in 'Duet'
went on to become a chartbuster and broke records. The slick use of
saxophone by Rahman brought repute to the instrument. Especially, the song
Anjali...Anjali...still lingers in our heart and mind.

*Listen to 'Duet' songs on raaga.com
Now….*<http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=T0000042>

Veteran director K Balanchandar said, "Rahman is destined to get many
awards. He is a bundle of talent. I still remember the fire in his eyes,
when I saw him first during the composition for 'Roja'. He is phenomenal and
is sure to go places."
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/45006.html

--
regards,