The answer to this is quite subjective.  How can any art be called
"the best" or "one of the best" in an objective sense? However,
consensus helps to enlighten.  Take a look:

http://www.planetbollywood.com/Poll/view.php?pollID=307&;

When this album first came out, I was skeptical at first with people
raving about it to no end even though I liked it.  But now, this
beautiful album has become an important milestone in ARR's career and
has cemented itself as a great highlight of his career IMO.  It's a
complete album in every respect and after listening, I never get the
sense that something is missing, even though there's no pure
instrumental.  The album scores high both horizontally (variety,
scope, length, diversity) and vertically (depth, sound, serious
immersion, musical prowess, great lyrical value, exceptional singing,
great interludes).

I hope ARR himself realizes what a gem he's created here and how much
it's appreciated.