New Delhi, Feb 17 (PTI) Jazz pianist Herbie Hancock who "absolutely loves" the
music of the Oscar-nominated film "Slumdog Millionaire' is now readying to
perform with composer A R Rahman in Chennai later this month.
Hancock who is part of the official US delegation accompanying Martin Luther
King III on a 11-day tour of India would perform on a special composition by
Rahman the theme of non violence.

"I absolutely loved the music of Slumdog. It combines the influence of several
cultures," Hancock said referring to the British Danny Boyle rags-to riches
film with music by A R Rahman which is in the running for multiple Oscars this
year.

Alhough the Chicago-based piano legend has not seen the film he said he is
looking forward to performing with Rahman in Chennai scheduled on February 24.

Hancock, accompanied by vocalist-actor Dee Dee Bridgewaters and diva singer
Chaka Khan and keyboard player George Duke on his India tour said, "The spirit
of music is firebrand and amazing. More and more artists and musicians are now
crossing invisible boundaries of countries and continents and becoming cultural
ambassadors."

The 12-time Grammy winner who was greeted with resounding applause after his
performance of the "Living Dream" concert in the capital said, "We are here to
celebrate peace and music is all about bringing people together." PTI

http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/5B8F3FD8BE801DEA65257561002BA1CC?OpenDocument