Guys - Lets be clear about one thing. Taran;s reviews are all based
more from the Box office perspective while Rajeev Masand's reviews
are based on a more holistic picture. Either ways, 8 out of 10 times,
Taran has got it right in terms of the the possible box office
performance of the movie. I dont like some of the comments Taran
makes but that doesnt mean his box office performance reviews are
thrash.

Anyways.....lets hope Rajeev's review is better.

Cheers!
Balaji

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "rayrai2k" <ravis...@...> wrote:

> I always read this guys name as Trash. But I now have no regrets
> calling him so. His review was expected and what more can be since
> theres no Yash / Karan / SRK. That alone is the reason for him to
> review so badly. Either he was all along drowned in his phone not
> paying interest to dialogs. What made him give 3.5 to Billu if D6
is
> 1.5.
> Teri oonchi shaan hai maula
> Meri arzi maan le maula
> Tu hai sab kuch jaanne waala
> Main hoon tera maanne waala
> Kaise kaison ko diya hai
> Aise vaison ko diya hai
>
> D6 is definitely a very good movie after RDB. Just like the feel
> after watching the RDB first time, I walked with a thought would
this
> sell. later every scene I recall is forcing me to watch it again.
> AB is not as great as seen in Yuva but is far better than any of
his
> other work including Sarkar.
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "rivjot" <rivjot@> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/12980/index.html
> >
> > Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thinks out of the box and it's more than
> > evident now. First AKS, then RANG DE BASANTI, now DELHI 6. A two-
> liner
> > of the story may give you an impression that it's similar to UTV's
> > earlier outing SWADES, directed by Ashutosh Gowariker: An
American
> of
> > Indian origin returns to his roots and decides to stay back in
> India.
> > But DELHI 6 bites more than it can chew.
> >
> > Set in old Delhi, the screenplay [Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Prasoon
> > Joshi, Kamlesh Pandey] takes its own sweet time to come to the
> point.
> > In fact, the entire first half is dedicated to the sundry
characters
> > in the bylanes of old Delhi, where several stories run parallel
with
> > the main plot... The two warring brothers [Om Puri, Pawan
Malhotra]
> > and the wall that divides the two; the daughter of the house
[Sonam
> > Kapoor] aspires to be an 'Indian Idol' contestant; a moneylender's
> > [Prem Chopra] wife has an illicit relationship with one of his
> > lecherous debtors [Cyrus Sahukar]; an 'untouchable' [Divya Dutta]
> > makes more sense than the so-called thekedaars of samaj; a friend
of
> > the family [Rishi Kapoor] has still not forgotten his first love
> > [Tanvi Azmi]. Oh yes, there's also a 'Kaala Bandar' who spreads
> havoc
> > in the locality. Really, Rakeysh tries to pack in multiple
stories
> in
> > those 2.18 hours.
> >
> > But, alas, the problem is that barring a few individualistic
> > sequences, you don't carry the film home. The film is engaging in
> bits
> > and spurts. Worse, it tends to get monotonous, preachy and boring
> and
> > the end is so bizarre, you actually want to ask the writers, 'Hey
> > guys, you okay?'
> >
> > Let's cut a long story short: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra misses the
bus
> > this time.
> >
> > DELHI 6 tells the story of a young American boy Roshan [Abhishek
> > Bachchan] of Indian origin, who comes to India for the first
time,
> > drop his ailing grandmother [Waheeda Rehman]. She wants to retire
> and
> > spend the last leg of her life back home; dissolving into the
soil
> she
> > was born in.
> >
> > In America, having led a very western lifestyle, Roshan is not
> > familiar with the sites and smells, the food and culture, the
> religion
> > and beliefs, this huge melting pot that India is. He believes that
> > Dadi had left her family and loved ones back in America, only to
> > realize that how wrong he was.
> >
> > The warmth and affection of the neighbourhood embraces him with
open
> > arms. Amidst all this he meets the beautiful Bittu [Sonam
Kapoor],
> who
> > wants to break free from the typical Indian social structure, to
> whom
> > Roshan is destined to lose his heart.
> >
> > That Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is an accomplished storyteller is
> evident
> > in several individualistic scenes. Note the scene when Vijay Raaz
> > slaps Abhishek and Abhishek slaps him back. Also, portions in the
> > second hour, when a Baba [Akhilendra Mishra] triggers off the
> > Mandir-Masjid talk and divides the two communities, is very well
> > structured. The sequences are disturbing and the writers and
> director
> > succeed in exposing the fickle-minded people residing in the
> locality.
> >
> > But the screenplay isn't foolproof. The romantic track is the
> weakest
> > link in the enterprise. The love story falls flat. Also, the
ending
> is
> > so abstract that an average moviegoer would find it difficult to
> > comprehend what the actual culmination is. The sequence in the
end,
> > when Amitabh and Abhishek have a conversation, looks weird. In
fact,
> > ridiculous. What was the need to have this sequence? It makes no
> > sense. Even the Ram Leela sequences, interspersed at regular
> > intervals, are forced in the screenplay.
> >
> > Rakeysh's handling of the subject is exemplary at places. But the
> > writing [faulty at times] as also the execution of the material
> isn't
> > the type that would appeal to all sections of moviegoers. A.R.
> > Rahman's music is outstanding; it's easily amongst his finest
works.
> > 'Masakali', 'Ye Dilli Hai Mere Yaar', 'Rehna Tu', 'Maula'
and 'Genda
> > Phool' are amazing tracks. Ditto for Prasoon Joshi's lyrics;
they're
> > gems. Binod Pradhan's cinematography is brilliant. Watch the Jama
> > Masjid sequence [breath-taking] or the camera movements in the
> bylanes
> > of old Delhi. Just one word to describe the output: Incredible!
> >
> > Abhishek doesn't work. Also, his American accent looks fake.
Sonam
> is
> > likable. Waheeda Rahman enacts her part well. Rishi Kapoor is
> wasted.
> > He deserved a better role. Amongst supporting actors, Om Puri
> > [powerful], Pawan Malhotra [flawless], Vijay Raaz [tremendous],
> Deepak
> > Dobriyal [genuine], Divya Dutta [admirable] and Cyrus Sahukar
> > [likable] leave a mark.
> >
> > Prem Chopra is alright. Atul Kulkarni looks like a buffoon. And
what
> > is Raghvir Yadav doing in this film? Supriya Pathak, Tanvi Azmi,
> K.K.
> > Raina, Akhilendra Mishra and Dayashanker Pandey are passable.
> Amitabh
> > Bachchan's presence in the penultimate minutes fails to evoke any
> > reaction.
> >
> > On the whole, DELHI 6 has a terribly boring beginning [first
hour],
> an
> > absorbing middle [second half] and a weak end [climax]. At the
> > box-office, the business is bound to be divided. The film may
record
> > bountiful collections at multiplexes in its opening weekend. The
> > popular music as also the fact that there's no major opposition
will
> > benefit the film in the initial days. But the business at single
> > screens as also the mass belt will be a shocking contrast.
However,