New Delhi (PTI): Buoyed by the BAFTA win and the Cinema Audio Society (CAS)
award for best sound mixing, Resul Pookutty of the 'Slumdog Millionaire' team
is heading to Los Angeles and just wants to be "there and enjoy" the Oscar
ceremony.

"Winning an Oscar nomination (for 'Slumdog Millionaire') is the highest honour
any sound engineer can get," Pokutty said. "Winning or losing does not matter
much though people are saying I have a great chance of winning. I just want to
go there and enjoy," he said.

Pokutty, earlier, this week became the first Indian to win CAS award. The award
was presented to him along with re-recording mixers Ian Tapp and Richard Pryke
in Los Angeles during the 45th Annual Awards ceremony of CAS.

"This award is from the Guild as its a great honour. This is one of the biggest
honour I can ever get," he said. The CAS consists of over 550 sound mixers and
associates from the film and television industries.

Pokutty feels that Rahman has a great chance of winning an Oscar. "He has a
great chance of winning," he said. Pokutty's colleagues at his Mumbai studio
are just excited. "With his winning the CAS award, there is more than 70 per
cent chance that he will bag the Oscar," said sound designer Amrit Pritam, who
is an associate recordist for the Hindi version of 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

Pookutty, grew up in a small village of Vilakkupara in Kollam district of
Kerala and came to Mumbai after graduating from FTII, Pune. His debut film was
Rajat Kapoor's 'Private Detective' in 1997. His work in 'Gandhi My Father' and
'Ghajini' won critical acclaim.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200902201761.htm