*Oscars 2009: Directors wish Rahman

**Though he is only now gaining immense fame in the West, A. R. Rahman is
well known in India as a master of music. The composer has worked with
scores of directors, from Southern to Bollywood, before he worked on Danny
Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire.*

Now up for 2 Oscars for the film, with three nominations (one for Best
Score, two for Best Song-O Saaya and Jai Ho), Rahman is soaring to new
heights internationally. We asked those directors, whose films he has
composed music for, to express their
*wishes*<http://www.starboxoffice.com/oscars/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090216_118>for
the Rahman.

*Ketan Mehta*, who worked with Rahman on Mangal Pandey: The Rising, says,
"He is very hard working and very humble. He is ready to work for 24 hours
at a stretch. I had a wonderful experience working with him. I wish him good
luck. I hope he wins the Oscars he has been nominated for and makes India
proud."

*
*
*Rajkumar Santoshi*, who worked with Rahman on The Legend Of Bhagat Singh
and Pukar, says, "I have worked with him twice and both times, the music was
fantastic. Rahman has worked really hard for Slumdog Millionaire and it is a
tremendous achievement for him. I feel proud to have worked with him and I
hope that I get the chance to work with him on my next film as well."

*Abbas Tyrewala*, who worked with Rahman on Jaane Tu Yaa Jaane Naa, says, "I
love his song Jai Ho. As a musician, he is one of the living legends in our
industry. His songs are now going global so I just wish him all the best. He
makes India proud. It's always pleasure to work with him. He is a very
original musician. My best wishes go out to the cast and crew of Slumdog
Millionaire."

*Subhash Ghai*, who worked with Rahman on Taal, Kisna: The Warrior Poet and
Yuvvraaj, says, "I'm very busy with my work so I haven't had the time to
watch Slumdog Millionaire, but it's always a great pleasure to work with
Rahman. My best wishes are with him."

*Ashutosh Gowarikar*, who worked with Rahman on Lagaan, Swades and Jodha
Akbar, says, "I'm very happy that A. R. Rahman has been nominated at the
Oscars. All the songs from Slumdog Millionaire are fantastic, especially Jai
Ho. Rahman is very spontaneous when it comes to music. I noticed that when
he worked on Lagaan, Swades and Jodha Akbar. I wish him all the best and I
hope he brings home an Oscar."

*Sajid Khan* (Housefull): Rahman, you are on the brink of creating history!
Every Indian is proud of you. Good Luck! Jai Ho!

*Anees Bazmee* (Singh is Kinng): He is the right person to be nominated. I
am a great admirer of his music, though I haven't had the opportunity to
work with him and Khuda kare woh din zaroor aayega.

*Goldie Behl* (Drona): Getting a nomination at the Oscars is a milestone in
itself. I wish him all the best and, as an Indian, I am very proud that he
has showcased Indian music in the international arena.
*
Tarun Mansukani* (Dostana): My best wishes are with Rahman. It's not just me
but the whole nation that wants him to win the Oscars. My best regards to
him and the rest of the Slumdog Millionaire team.

*Muddassar Aziz* (Dulha Mil Gaya): I'm very glad that he has been nominated
after all the hard work that he has put in. He really deserves it. It's
because of him that the soundtrack of Slumdog Millionaire is so successful.
Insha Allah, he will win the Oscars. I'll be watching the awards live just
to see A. R. Rahman.

http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090219_141
--
regards,