http://www.ptinews.com/pti\ptisite.nsf/0/10BC1507B59006A465257566002BE82F?OpenDocument<http://www.ptinews.com/pti/ptisite.nsf/0/10BC1507B59006A465257566002BE82F?OpenDocument>

Mumbai/Chennai, Feb 23 (PTI) As A R Rahman and Resul Pookutty scripted
history by picking up three Oscars for "Slumdog Millionaire", members of the
film fraternity here joined voices to applaud the enviable feat achieved by
the duo.
Lyricist Gulzar, who penned the Oscar-winning song 'Jai ho' for which Rahman
won an Oscar, said, "It is a great thing to be a part of this composition
which has won an award. It is an extra happiness and extra thrill for me."
"My first reaction was surprise and thrill but as soon as the programme
started my bet was on Rahman. I am very happy for Resul, another Indian
technician who brought home the Oscar," said Gulzar, whose name was
mentioned by the award presenter Alicia Keys while announcing the nominees.

"What a film and what a team to work with. The spirit of the film is
reflected in its team," he said and crediting Rahman with "changing the
entire face of Indian film music".

Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar hailed Rahman saying, "May he win such an
award every year. He is a genius. Rahman's music is a blend of a little
South Indian music and what we commonly call Hindi film music." Sister and
veteran singer Asha Bhonsle, who has sung for Rahman in many films, said,
"Rahman is a genius and has made the world sit up and take notice of Indian
talent with his success. He has put the Indian film industry on the world
map." PTI