http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200902230912.htm

Los Angeles (PTI): British scriptwriter Simon Beaufoy fetched the first Oscar
in the Best Adapted Screenplay category for for Slumdog Millionaire, based on
Indian diplomat Vikas Swarup's novel Q&A.
"It is a tremendous honour. I thank Vikas Swarup, without him Slumdog... would
not have happened, thanks Vikas Swarup," said Beaufoy while accepting the
golden statuette.
"Thank you Dev, thank you Latika and the entire cast and crew of Slumdog,"
Beaufoy said.
The scriptwriter has already bagged the Golden Globe and BAFTA for Slumdog
Millionaire.
"I learnt a lot about life," said Beaufoy about his India experience.
This is a first Oscar for Beaufoy, who was earlier nominated in 1997 in the
Original Screenplay Category for the film Full Monty.