Just as Rahman passed on all praise to the universal Almighty power,
I am touched to hear Rasool mentioning the primordial sound of the
universe, Om, in his acceptance speech. It's gratifying to see people
transcending the boundaries of their faith and accepting all that's
good from all over. Such people inspire us to always choose love over
hate - and just look at the heights scaled by those who choose to do
so!

Let me record my formal congrats to Rahman and Rasool for doing India
proud on an international stage. They are truly our global
ambassadors. More than that, their awards are the long overdue
recognition of the soul-stirring work they do to make people happy,
regardless of affiliation.

> For those who missed Resul's acceptance speech at the Oscars, here
it is: 'This is unbelievable. We can't believe this. Ladies and
gentlemen... sorry.... I share the stage with two magicians, you
know, who created the very ordinary sounds of Bombay, the cacophony
of Bombay, into a soul-stirring, artful resonance called Slumdog
Millionaire.
> I come from a country and a civilization that given the universal
word. That word is preceded by silence, followed by more silence.
That word is 'Om.' So I dedicate this award to my country. Thank you,
Academy, this is not just a sound award, this is history being handed
over to me. My sincere and deepest gratitude to my teachers, Danny
Boyle [Images], Christian Colson, Paul Ritchie, Pravesh... and
everybody who has contributed to this film, Glenn Freemantle and all
the sound mixers. I dedicate this to you guys. Thank you, Academy.
Thank you very much.