The countdown is over and Indian
music<http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/a-r-rahman-srinivas-230209.html#>maestro
A.R. Rahman has won two awards at the 81st Annual Academy
Awards<http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/a-r-rahman-srinivas-230209.html#>ceremony.
Srinivas, one of the several new
singers<http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/a-r-rahman-srinivas-230209.html#>who
was discovered or rediscovered by Rahman had pinned his hopes on A.R.
Rahman and they are finally answered.

Srinivas had deeply hoped, "A.R. Rahman has been nominated in two
categories: Best Original score and Best Original Song for *Slumdog
Millionaire*, directed by Danny Boyle, and I hope he wins both the awards.
Given the popularity of his work in *Slumdog Millionaire*, and the kind of
other major international film awards it has already won, I reckon Rahman
stands an excellent chance.”

Our classical musicians have, of course, made us proud, but Rahman is the
first Indian composer of popular music who has caught the imagination of
Western audiences. Rahman has done to Indian music what no musician has done
before: he has made the popular Indian music known at the international
level.

Talking about Rahman's brilliant composition 'Jai Ho' in *Slumdog
Millionaire*, which has become so popular that Pussycat Dolls, an American
all-girls pop group, has remixed it, Srinivas said: "It’s a great song,
beautifully composed, and it is well sung too, by Sukhvinder, who has now
become world-famous, thanks to Rahman." The song has fetched Rahman the
Oscar for the best song.
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/a-r-rahman-srinivas-230209.html
--
regards,