Source -
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-4179685,prtpage-1.cms

Grammy winner is proud of AR's double oscar
24 Feb 2009, 0533 hrs IST, Daniel P George, TNN

For Vikku Vinayakram, who brought laurels to Tamil Nadu by winning
music's highest award, the Grammy, in 1992, A R Rahman's double Oscar
is a reason to celebrate his own achievement.

Feeling proud about A R Rahman's achievement, Vikku Vinyakram says it
is only now that the importance of his Grammy Award is slowly sinking
in for him.

"Getting an Oscar is no simple achievement and I am proud of Rahman as
he has got two," says Vinaygam. He has done one film, Iruvar,' and
several live shows with Rahman in the United States. "Rahman is a
humble person and a great human being. It is his humility that has
brought him this far,'' Vinayakram says.

Vinayakram, who won the Grammy in 1992, says he didn't go to receive
the award. "The citation came home. But now, after Rahman's victory, I
feel my award is also important and I am proud of it."

"I was playing the ghattam in some corner of the world and these guys
wanted me and Zakir Hussain to play along with seven other musicians
from South Africa, Nigeria and France to cut an album called Planet
Drum with a famous musician called Micky Heart. That went on to win
the Grammy.''

Vinayakram is floored by Rahman's acceptance speech. "It's the real
Rahman who said Ella pugazhum Iraivanukke (All glory to the
almighty).' Those words will bring him more awards and success in the
future."

How much media attention did he receive after getting the Grammy?
"Nobody was bothered and neither was I. But today I feel proud that I
too have won an international achievement like Rahman. In fact, I have
just dusted the Grammy citation."