Wow Sergie..ur list itself is giving goosebumps..
one reason for trying to find 10 best soundtracks is not to find
the best ten, but in our efforts we will revisit a few tracks which
we havent heard in a long time.. :)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, serge belier <s03g...@...>
wrote:

> It is very difficult to list 10 best album of ARR Sir. Quite
impossible, as I think that many of them should be in the list, for
example:

> Kandukonden Kandukonden,
> Uzhavan (especially for "Kannilil ennai iramho", "Pennalla
Pennalla")
> Taal,
> Pukar,
> Rangeela,
> Taj Mahal (especially for "Kuliruthu Kuliruthu")
> May Madam (especially for "Minnale")
> Boys (especially for "Ale Ale")
> Meenakshi,
> Jillundru Oru Kadhal (especially for "Anbae Va", "New York")
> Swades (especially for "Yeh Jo Desh", "Saawariya", "Aahista")
> Indira (what a song "thoda thoda malarntha enna"),
> Sangamam (especially for "Mazhaitulli", "Margazhi tingal", "Varaga
Nathi karai oram", "Mudhal Mudhal")
> Fire,
> Earth,
> Water,
> Kaadhalan (especially for "Ennavalae adi")
>

> Guys, could not make a proper list, there are too many, I am sure
I am missing a lot of others....

> Jai Ho!!!!! My 2 years old son sings it many times a day. The
funiest thing is that he wakes up singing it even before having his
breakfast.

> Regards,
>
> Serge BELIER.
>

> > To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
> > From: jibande...@...
> > Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:24:41 +0000
> > Subject: Re: [arr] The top 10 greatest AR Rahman film soundtracks
> >
> > Shocked to see 'Taal' missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Remove Delhi 6 and put Taal..
> >
> > -jiban
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Asmin <asmindts@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Vithur,
> > >
> > > How about 'INDIAN', not in the list???
> > > Better to remove Delhi 6 from this list, its still new.
> > > You are talking about 10 Greatest sountracks!!!
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > > ________________________________

(Opinions
> > made in the comments section have not been taken into account.
Not
> > because we don't like your comments, we crave comments, but
because
> > we could be double counting people who commented and polled.)
> > > Here in reverse order of votes won are the top 10 most popular
ARR
> > film soundtracks according to PlayThings readers:
> > > Number 10: Thiruda Thiruda
> > >

> > > A ARR-Mani Ratnam project from 1993 that did not do too well
at the
> > box office but won plenty of fans for its music. Every track was
> > hit including Veerapandi Kottayile, Konjam Nilavu and Rasathi.
Little
> > known fact about Thiruda Thiruda: the writing credits for this
movie
> > goes to a then little known writer and film maker Ram Gopal
Varma. He
> > went on to later make Ram Gopal Varma ki Aag and make me want to
> > bludgeon myself to death with a remote control.
> > >
> > > Number 9: Iruvar
> > >
> > > Again a ARR-MR project, Iruvar was a controversial lightly
veiled
> > biopic of Tamil politician, film star and god-on-earth MG
> > Ramachandran. No one will forget the Hello Mister song in the
movie
> > not just for the music itself but for the unveiling of a young,
sexy
> > Aishwarya Rai in her debut film. Cue goosebumps. And then some.
(Also
> > Mohanlal! Yay!)
> > >
> > > Number 8: Alaipayuthe
> > >
> > > Yes, this ARR-MR collaboration business is beginning to bore
no?
> > But whatay soundtrack this is. And the rare movie that matches
> > Rahman's music with stunning visuals. One of my fave tracks from
the
> > album, Endendrum Punnagai, was originally not part of the album.
(And
> > if I remember right, was missing from the first batch of CDs and
> > tapes.) But it was very popular and they brought it back into
the
> > official OST.
> > > Number 7: Pudhiya Mugam
> > >
> > > Collective high five everyone. I won't repeat everything I
said
> > before, but if you haven't had a chance to listen to music you
really
> > must. And try to ignore the damp squib Vishwavidaata remix.
> > > Number 6: Delhi-6
> > >
> > > For a while I was worried about Delhi-6. After the first 100
votes
> > or so, there wasn't even one vote for this recent masterpiece.
> > Thankfully it picked up steam later. A wonderfully varied and
nuanced
> > track if you ask me. That and Dev D will take time to be
replaced in
> > our iPods.
> > > Number 5: Bombay
> > >
> > > No surprises here. A critical and popular success in every
> > language. Wikipedia adds these bits of trivia:
> > > The track "Bombay Theme" from the soundtrack is an
instrumental
> > orchestral piece composed, arranged and conducted by A. R.
Rahman. It
> > was recently featured in the soundtrack and score of the Nicolas
Cage
> > film Lord of War, released in 2005. It has appeared on several
> > compillation CDs since the film's release including on Volume 5
of
> > the chill-out compilation Café del Mar, released in 1998. It
also
> > appeared on a French TV commercial for Volvic starring Zinedine
> > Zidane in 2000. The soundtrack also found success in its dubbed
> > versions.
> > > Number 4: Lagaan
> > >
> > > What did you say? A three hour musical about a cricket match?
HELL
> > YEAH! The L.A. Times spokes for us all when they said:
> > > Ashutosh Gowariker's glorious "Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in
India"
> > is to the Bollywood musical epic what Ang Lee's "Crouching
Tiger,
> > Hidden Dragon" was to the period martial arts action adventure:
an
> > affectionate homage to a popular genre that raises it to the
level of
> > an art film with fully drawn characters, a serious underlying
theme
> > and a sophisticated style and point of view.
> > >
> > > Most crucially, its songs and dances are not mere interludes
> > inserted in the action, bringing it to a halt--a Bollywood
trademark--
> > but are fully integrated into the plot and marked by expressive,
> > dynamic singing and dancing that infuse a historical drama with
> > energy and immediacy.
> > >
> > > Number 3:  Rang De Basanti
> > >
> > > Did you know that Nelly Furtado was, at one point, lined up to
> > perform on the album? And while the movie didn't repeat the
Oscar
> > nomination success of RDB, it did get a couple of tracks on to
the
> > long list. Super super album.
> > > Number 2: Dil Se...
> > >
> > > Notice how accurately we put three dots at the end of the
title.
> > This one was not on our list and was added on by enthusiasts.
> > Weonderfully shot, beautifully supported music but a slightly
> > underwhelming film. The opening song, that one on the train with
> > Malaika Arora and SRK, ranked ninth on a BBC World Top Ten.
> > >
> > > Which nicely brings us to the most highly rated AR Rahman
motion
> > picture soundtrack of all time... (drum roll... okay now a
little
> > flute... trumpets...)
> > > Number 1: Roja
> > >
> > > ARR's first ever movie soundtrack remains his most popular.
Roja
> > was easily the most favoured in our poll, picking up almost half
of
> > all votes polled. Which is remarkable for a movie album now
going on
> > 17 years. (My, haven't we all grown old.) Richard Corliss of
Time
> > magazine puts it nicely in his listing of the Top 100
soundtracks of
> > all time:
> > >
> > > Through this grim political parable, Rahman laced some
spectacular
> > melodies that not only serve the drama, they create their own[EM]
as
> > in the duet ballads "Yeh Haseen Vadiyan" and "Roja Jaaneman,"
which
> > first are grounded in recitative, then suddenly ascend into
celestial
> > melody. This astonishing debut work parades Rahman's gift for
> > alchemizing outside influences until they are totally Tamil,
totally
> > Rahman. He plays with reggae and jungle rhythms, fiddles with
> > Broadway-style orchestrations, runs cool variations on
Morricone's
> > scores for Italian westerns.
> > >
> > > Many thanks for everyone who read the post, commented and
voted. Do
> > tell us what you think of the results. And a colleague also asks
me
> > to hark out to all the Illayaraja fans out there. So what do you
guys
> > have to say about all this attention going out to your arch-
nemesis?
> > Vent fury I say!
> > > P.s. The poll remains open indefinitely. Who knows? Maybe time
will
> > change those ratings.
> > >
> > > -http://blogs. livemint. com/blogs/ lounge/archive/
2009/02/25/ the-
> > top-10- greatest- ar-rahman- film-soundtracks .aspx-
> > > regards,
> > > Vithur

> > Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
> > <b>
> > Explore, Experience, Enjoy A.R.Rahman - The Man, The Music, The
Magic.