Wow.. I wish I am in Chennai now..
Not the media but can anyone here from this group take a handycam,
and shoot a small documentary kind of thing showing all the
posters, banners, everything with or without an english
commentary to it? English as not many can get tamil.
I just want everyone to experience this rahman festive atmosphere.
It will be a good project for fun and for records sake.
Regards
Raghu

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $ Pavan Kumar $ <pawancum...@...>
wrote:

> Wow..I never imagined something like this would ever happen...Never
thought an oscar win will make people crazy like this...Its Rahman all
over in chennai..

> Huge banners / billboards across the city congratulating rahman..I
see some of them en route to office daily..what a view...what a feeling

> Most of the city's walls are dominated by posters from politicians,
movie stars, corporates congratulating rahman..

> In local news papers you see many advertisements congratulating rahman..
>
> Caller tunes, ringtones dominated by Rahman.. people here are
like..No one else, only Rahman please..

> I go to local grocery shop, a guy welcomes his customer by saying
Jai Ho..a Father sings Jai ho with his some 8yr old son..

> All these may be just for few days. .but its our fortune that we are
experiencing these magical moments in our lifetime..